Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall TV: Sucked Right In

The current book I am reading has been taking me forever and not from lack of interest. I was wondering why I haven't finished it yet and I think it is because I have watched SO MUCH TV in the past week. I don't recall the whole Fall TV thing being such an issue in years past. Maybe this is another packing avoidant behavior? I feel like TV may finally be ramping up the sitcoms and dramas (my preference) rather than focusing on reality tv - am I making this up?? Anyways, these are the shows we tuned into:

Up All Night: Ah, yes. The show about becoming new parents. We thought the previews to this show looked hilarious, however, the show has only been ok. I think I am sticking with it for now, if only because the baby is named Amy. (ha ha ha)

Modern Family: Ok. Duh. This show won a ton of Emmys for a reason. It's hilarious. There is no way we were missing this one!

The New Girl: Zooey Deschanel's Emmy Dress aside, I like her and so I wanted to tune into this show. The first episode was cute and we'll probably come back.

Two and a Half Men: This is a show that we are always watching in syndication. Back when we had DVR, we DVRed it only to find that it is ALWAYS on some channel. Then there was that whole Charlie Sheen debacle. We tuned in only to see how they were going to replace Charlie with Ashton Kutcher. I don't know that we will religiously follow this one.

The Office: {tear} RIP Michael Scott. Part of me did not even want to watch this because Michael, in my opinion, made this show. However, curiousity killed the cat and so we tuned in. And then James Spader joined the cast. (My love for James Spader started with Pretty in Pink.) I was surprised at how much I still laughed - I mean, Dwight IS still there!

Whitney: This show benefitted from being on right after The Office. We thought it was funny enough that if we watch The Office, we will probably stick with it and watch this too.

Prime Suspect: This show benefitted from being on right after Whitney. (YES! NBC sucked us in for two whole hours last Thursday night!). I was still on a Maria Bello high after seeing her at The Emmys and I really liked this show. (Nate was a little annoyed at the hat that Maria Bello's character kept wearing.) This is a show that I will probably try not to miss (as oppossed to catching it if it's on).

The Good Wife: My new favorite show. A few weeks ago, Nate was at a Brewers game and there was nothing on TV so I tuned in to the On Demand shows and watched probably 4 episodes of this. And then I just kept watching them and tuned into the season premiere last night. I love this show and it probably will be the second show that I won't want to miss weekly!

The Amazing Race: Nate and I have been watching this show since the beginning - of our relationship that is. This and So You Think You Can Dance are the only reality tv show that I like. While sometimes it does get boring to me, I feel like it would be blasphemous not to watch it.

2 Broke Girls: I think this show was on and we were bored. I sort of forgot that we watched it until I was at the CBS website trying to find links for this post. I am now ashamed at how long this list is!

In other news, we are almost fully packed. I cannot even tell you how many times I have stubbed a toe on boxes. Nate actually forced me to sit down last night for fear he was going to have to take me to the emergency room. The movers are coming in 48 hours!

1 comment:

Emily said...

It did seem like there was a ton of good new shows starting this year.

As new parents, we gave Up All Night a try as well. I thought it was descent and will stick with it. I think they will find their rhythm.

We tried Free Agents, which was on right after, but thought it was a dud.

We watched The New Girl too, and I liked that one as well.

I was disappointed in Whitney, but I'll probably give it another try. What happens to it when 30 Rock comes back on?

I DVR'd Prime Suspect, but hadn't gotten to it yet. Glad to know you liked it.

Returning favorites for us are How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, Glee, Modern Family, Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, and Chuck.

I wanted to check out The Playboy Club, but missed the premiere. I heard it wasn't great though, so I think I'll just skip.

I also wanted to see Terra Nova, but it conflicts with Gossip Girl and HIMYM, and our DVR can only record 2 shows at once. If I hear it is good I may watch On Demand.

We gave up on House this year.

I DVR'd Pan Am, but still haven't watched it. I like Christina Ricci, so was interested.

I also may try Grimm and Once Upon A Time when they premier in October.

This probably sounds like we watch a ton of tv, but we DVR everything and watch when we have time. Sometimes we end up being 2-3 weeks behind, but it is better than spending hours everyday in front of the tv, and we get to skip the commercials.